ILO (International Labour Organization) Akademi Platform Membership and User Agreement
The ILO Akademi Learning Platform (“Platform”), established by the ILO Office for Türkiye (“ILO and/or ILO Türkiye”), offers access to content aimed at learning and development.
This ILO Akademi Learning Platform Membership and User Agreement (the “Agreement”) regulates the rules regarding users’ enjoyment of the services offered on the Platform and their use of the Platform, as well as the rights and obligations of the parties, after users are registered on the Platform or during and after their access to the Platform as unregistered “Users”.
- ILO Akademi is a learning platform offering training opportunities to social partners and all people of all ages and groups who wish to enhance vocational and personal skills and knowledge in order to achieve the goal of providing decent and productive jobs in freedom, equality, safety and dignity for all women and men and all of the content available on this platform must be used in line and/or in parallel with this purpose. ILO Türkiye reserves the right to take suitable measures for the use of the platform in line with its purpose.
- You need to have an account for various activities on our platform. Please keep your password safe, as all activity linked to your account will be the responsibility of the user. Please contact us if you believe that your account has been used by another person. In order to use ILO Akademi, you will need to have reached the national digital age of consent. Everyone who signs up to the Platform or uses the services provided in the Platform without signing up are deemed to have accepted the applicability of these rules.
- Aim of the content on the Platform is “learning and development”. This includes all “business topics”, “personal and managerial competencies”, “general culture”, and “hobbies” fields.
- Beneficiaries of the services offered by the Platform can only perform lawful acts on the Platform. The User shall bear the legal and penal responsibilities for all acts and actions he or she performs on the Platform. When using the Platform, the User agrees to comply with the Turkish Criminal Code, Turkish Commercial Code, Code of Obligations, Law No. 5651 on Regulating Publications on the Internet and Fighting Against Crimes Committed on Internet, Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works and other legislation, all kinds of relevant legislation provisions that are already in effect, and the notifications to be published by ILO Türkiye with regard to the Platform.
- With regard to the service or the relevant non-open source technology, users are prohibited from reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling the service or the relevant non-open source technology or attempting to gain access to source codes. Users are strictly prohibited from developing, supporting or using software, devices, commands, robots or other tools or processes to derive the application used on the Platform or copy the profiles and all other data on the application. Any User to violate the said prohibitions shall be exclusively and severally responsible for any damage caused by the violation to the Platform, users and/or third persons.
- ILO Türkiye may terminate all activities carried out on the Platform without any reason or justification whatsoever.In this case, the User shall not be entitled to make any request. The Platform is not a storage service. It has no obligation to store, maintain or provide the User with a copy of any information or content provided by the User, except to the extent required by applicable laws and noted in this Agreement. The Platform management shall also reserve its right to permanently delete such information and content.
- The Platform may take measures to prohibit, either definitely or indefinitely, the User’s access to the Platform. The User shall be prohibited from attempting to counteract the measures taken by the Platform; all damages resulting from the violation of this provision shall be the responsibility of the User by whom such damage was caused.
- Private passwords used to log into the system shall not be shared with anyone else. Users shall not make posts on the Platform on behalf of others. All responsibility related to the security of the User’s account shall be held by the User. The User is recommended to create a password that is not easily predictable and avoid sharing it with third persons or entering his or her username and password into third-party websites and/or mobile applications. The User shall be held personally responsible for the possession or use of such information by third parties, or the inaccuracy of the information. Otherwise, the User shall be responsible for any damage to the Platform and/or other users.
- The User acknowledges that the Platform is owned and operated by the ILO Office for Türkiye. The contents of the Platform are protected in accordance with intellectual and industrial rights. The User agrees and undertakes not to reproduce, copy, distribute, process any pictures, texts, audio-visual images, video clips, files, databases, catalogues and lists within the Platform which will constitute a violation of the real or personal rights or assets of ILO Türkiye and/or another third person. The User shall not, under any name or title, access ILO Türkiye’s non-public services, database, or the data created for ILO Türkiye without the express permission of ILO Türkiye.
- ILO Türkiye has no responsibility in connection with the content published by third persons on the Platform and the websites linked through the Platform. It shall be the responsibility of those third parties who perform these actions to commit that the entire content and information provided by any third party as well as the visuals and auditory images are accurate and in compliance with the law. ILO Türkiye does not guarantee the security, accuracy and legality of the services and content provided by third parties.
- ILO Türkiye does not guarantee that the services provided under the Platform will be always active and accessible. ILO Türkiye shall by no means accept any responsibility particularly with regard to the decisions and practices of judiciary or other competent authorities, force majeure events, situations caused by third parties, disruptions and delays and other external factors caused by internet connection service providers, misuse, technical failures and other disruptions that may be caused by ILO Türkiye, and any setback resulting from repair works or other instructions.
- Where necessary, ILO Türkiye may restrict or suspend access to the service in the event that the operational safety of the network is at risk or in other cases which it deems necessary, in order to avoid any failures in the network, software or saved files, to prevent or moderate possible disruptions.
Concerning Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights
- Use of the Platform shall not imply the transfer or licensing of the intellectual or industrial property rights or that any person is granted a right to reproduce, disseminate, use or exploit such rights. Unauthorized use of any content shall constitute a violation of the intellectual and industrial property rights of the Platform or third parties, with respect to which all responsibility shall be held by the User who carries out the relevant action.
- The Platform and Services including the website, current or future applications and services, API, codes and other content developed by our employees are owned by ILO Akademi and their unauthorized use for any reason whatsoever shall be prohibited.
- Rights to all photographs, videos and texts on the Platform are protected under the provisions of Law No. 5846 on Intellectual and Artistic Works, Decree-Law No. 554 on the Protection of Industrial Designs, Decree-Law No. 556 on the Protection of Trademarks. Pursuant to Law No. 5846 on Intellectual and Artistic Works, the interactive training materials on the Platform cannot be used, distributed, reproduced or published, even with reference, in full or in part without the permission of the right holder. Platform users shall be deemed to have accepted all of the abovementioned obligations regarding copyright.
- All intellectual and/or industrial property rights to the content, programmes and works on the Platform are held by the ILO Office for Türkiye. Users may not engage in any activity violating the intellectual and/or industrial property rights. As individuals registered to the system, Users shall only have an individual right to use the platform which is a simple non-exclusive entitlement for usage. The User agrees not to modify, adapt, translate, sell any component of the content on the platform; create derivative or adapted works based on the content/product/service, interfere with the structure or organization of the content/product/service; use any content, image, clip, musical work or composition and lyrics outside of the purposes of this Agreement, perform reverse engineering in a way that disturbs their integrity or publish them on any media. The User may not download and save all or a part of, or partly/fully reproduce the Platform nor allow others to use such copies or make them available for the use and information of others for any reason whatsoever.
- Without reservation, it shall be prohibited to violate the intellectual property or other rights held by ILO Türkiye, (i) to reproduce or distribute training videos or other materials; (ii) to reproduce or distribute any technology unless published under an open source license; (iii) to use, without permission, ILO trademarks and logos in the name of any company/individual, Platform, e-mail or URL, i.e., any online platform.
- The User shall be prohibited from using or causing to listen and/or watch the content provided through the Platform in public places. The User shall not gain any direct or indirect income or similar profits through the use of the platform.
- As per the model of the Platform, ILO Türkiye does not have any responsibility to review and/or edit the content to check for any legal issues. Additionally, we as ILO Türkiye are not in a position to determine the legal compliance of the content. We cannot make any editorial arrangements with regard to the content offered on the Platform and therefore cannot guarantee that the content is reliable, valid, accurate or factual in any way. It will be at the User’s risk to trust the information provided by the trainer when accessing the content.
- ILO Türkiye does not make any explicit or implicit guarantee or commitment with regard to the currency, accuracy, conditions, quality, performance of the information on the Platform, its fitness for a specific purpose, its impacts on other associated or independent information, services or products or its completeness.
- Users’ actions on the Platform can be used for advertising, promotional or other purposes. The User may not interfere with the said rights and powers held by the Platform by claiming any intellectual, industrial, financial, incorporeal or other rights on such posts, or claim the violation of their rights or for damages or otherwise.
- The Platform management exercises utmost care for the safety of the information provided by the User on the Platform. However, the User agrees that the Platform management and ILO Türkiye have no other obligation than the due diligence obligation with respect to the safety of the information, or any responsibility with regard to any direct or indirect damages in such cases as the seizure of information through illegal access to the Platform.
- Courts and Execution Offices of Ankara shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising from the Agreement.
- By using the website, the User agrees, declares and undertakes that he or she has read the entire Agreement, fully understood its contents and endorsed all of the provisions therein.
- This User Agreement may be updated by the ILO Office for Türkiye over time. Users shall be deemed to have accepted the updated clauses every time they enter the website.